Tuesday, November 16, 2010

princess bride

every little girl in England dreams of it. each and every single one. to be a princess. not the Disney kind. the real deal. as in lives in a palace and is part of the royal family. i was no exception and it would not be a stretch to say i spent a large part of my young life deeply entrenched in a fantasy involving the scenario. (ok and part of my adult life too. ok and maybe a little bit right now)

Kate Middleton is going to live it all out. Prince Wills has asked her to marry him. 2.4 seconds after the news hit, the buzz is all about whose dress she will wear for the wedding. most likely it will be a British designer. (if it were me, i would ask Burberry to whip up some drapey silky gorgeousness).

my mind goes to the afters. what will she be wearing day to day for the rest of her life as a princess and then a queen... she's got a pretty simple, sleek sense of style already,





but she also likes to play (hello feathered off center hats!). she'll have to kick it up a few once she's a royal - but i feel like she can pull it off. i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be a stylist for this girl. that's where i will plant my current fantasy musings. "how to dress the princess"...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your blog, but I just wanted to let you know that Kate won't ever be queen, she will only be a princess or a duchess because only people in that blood line can be queen or king. So their spouses will never be, but I TOTALLY get your point!

    ReplyDelete