Monday, October 18, 2010

when is a shoe not a shoe?

the answer my dears - when it is custom made for you.  while in Sicily - well, one minute here... i'm putting the cart before the horse, which never works.  let's start this off by saying that my lovely man PROPOSED while there! so, let's just say it was the best trip ever, shall we????  of course i will be posting madly about dresses, shoes and rings -- but that will all be in good time.  for the moment, dolls, back to CUSTOM MADE SHOES.






after eating lunches bigger than my normal daily intake of food each day, i seemed to need a long nap every afternoon while there.   upon awakening from my siesta on our last day in Taormina (one of the most beautiful towns i have ever experienced) my fiancee told me to hurry up and get dressed and come with him.  on his walk to get me some aqua frizzante, he had discovered a shop where a lovely local lady named Simona made sandals customized to your foot.  i'm pretty sure i have never gotten out of bed so fast in my life.  we ran over and i walked into my version of heaven.   you pick the sole, the color of leather and the design, she fits it to your foot, and within an hour you are walking around feeling like Sicilian Cinderella.  i got one pair, then returned later with my future mother-in-law and ordered another pair.  to say that i am obsessed with them, and am planning on returning to purchase at least 5 more is not in the least an understatement.   i wish i could think of a witty little ending to this story but i am now transported back in time and across the sea, and am mentally browsing through my next selection of style and color...

No comments:

Post a Comment