Thursday, January 6, 2011

oooh la la

quite a number of years ago, when my casting job had me traveling round the world, i developed a duty-free Chanel make up habit.  i had developed a duty-free candy habit in my youth traveling back and forth between England and the States, so this was just a logical age driven upgrade.  i became psychotically obsessed with a nail polish called Opaline.  i knew it would not last, so i amassed a RIDICULOUS amount of bottles of the stuff, and i have exactly one left.  i was starting to feel some pangs of fear as to what would happen when it ran out because as high and low as i have searched, i have never found anything like it.  these days, Chanel has cornered the market on the "must have" color every season.  it's like they put crack in the nail polish.  here and there i succumb to the siren call.  i rocked the Khakis all fall, and will keep Khaki Rose in my regular line up.  for spring - i felt the pull pretty hard for the Black Pearl.    a) the gunmetal holographic opalescent color is BEYOND.  b) i happen to love black pearls and c) it appeals wildly to my captain jack sparrow pirate sensibilities.  and so off i went to welcome it into my home.   in doing so i got blindsided in the most extraordinary way.  another spring color -- Pearl Drop -- is literally the closest thing i have ever seen to my old flame Opaline.  my heart started beating and i got a little woozy (again, i really think there might be crack in these formulas)   my treasure chest will once again be filled with pearl delights.

1 comment:

  1. A girl after my own heart and fellow chanel nail varnish junkie. Great post

    ReplyDelete