Thursday, April 8, 2010

in praise of organization

i should start by saying my brain is FAR from organized. when i was working as a casting director i had 2 amazingly fantastic people working with me, who were the epitome of organization. add to that an amazing woman in our office who was basically the brain of ALL of us scattered directors. a perfect storm we were.

sadly, i now have to flip and flounder to get myself together, organizationally speaking. there is one area i have mastered. my closet. oh my closet. when we moved in 2 years ago, my bf built me the closet of dreams. organization central with racks and dividers and such. i cannot recommend this highly enough. you can go all the way and do a customised closet or you can do pre-fabs that you tweak to suit you. either way, it's genius. you can actually SEE all your stuff. what a concept!!

today i did my favorite chore of the year. the spring summer season swap. hello sandals!!!! i've missed you. you look great. hey sundresses! aren't you lookin fine! they are now sitting and hanging proudly (and highly organized) for all to see. did i stand in the closet for a while in admiration? i did indeed. i may not remember what i'm supposed to do tomorrow, but i know where every pair of shoes is. it's a start.



No comments:

Post a Comment