Thursday, June 10, 2010

to sleep, perchance to dream

of shoes. obvi. Elizabeth and James to be precise.

usually my "fear" dreams are based on air travel - i'm CONSTANTLY dreaming of being either in or on my way to an airport and realizing i do not have my passport or green card. (it did happen once. absurdity ensued). they are vivid dreams and they are frantic. last night was no exception, but it did have one new detail: these adorable Elizabeth and James shoes. in the dream i was explaining to the gate agent that not only did i not have my passport, but that i was also in dire need of these exact shoes (which were eluding me much like the passport) because i knew the plane would be freezing and "my ankles will be cold without them".

i'm sure that any psychiatrist could drum up more than a couple of explanations for this. the air travel stuff? i'm unclear on that bit. but CLEARLY my psyhe needs me to get these shoes. anyone could see that.



No comments:

Post a Comment