Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday fantasy

when i was about 5, i had my first fashion epiphany.  i received in the mail, from my Granny in England, a powder blue pants suit.  it made me so insanely, deliriously happy i barely knew what to do with myself.  i was in AWE of how cool it was - and also in love with the fact that it would be unique because no one else at school had a Granny in England to send them such sartorial joys.

flash forward a few years. we all know that Balmain is killin me with wanting the jacket from the Spring shows... and now this.  for the love of all things holy Balmain, what are you doing to me? 

this is so 70's rich rock star that it makes my head spin with joy.  the pants suit dolls.  it is so BACK.  i'm not talking about your boring go to work suit.  this is for the love of wearing it.  this is "i'm going to a party with Mick Jagger and we share our clothes" in all its unbridled glory.  THIS my dolls, is why i love fashion. 

ps - if anyone has any ideas on how i can possibly afford to get ALL of this, please do let me know. 

1 comment: