Thursday, October 15, 2009

small things make big happy

some people are of the major blowout birthday celebration variety. me, not so much. i prefer to have my attention paid to me one on one or in a small group. people may feel free to press lavish gifts upon me - i have no problem with that, just without all the hub-bub. that established, yesterday was rather perfect as a birthday. i had my hair cut and styled, ended up a bit fabulous. then went and had nails done - (more on that in a mo... )

then J, my love, came home early to me bearing gifts and cupcakes from Crumbs. a gorgeous wrap cardi in a gorge cobalt blue, and a HOT cream colored turtle-neck sweater dress. love them both and will be wearing the cardi to within an inch of its life, i can tell already. however, the best gift (aside from his love) was this pair of earrings. bit of back story here. he is not the biggest fan of picking out gifts, so in the past i have guided him to what i might like. but the times when he picks things out on his own - those are the ones that make my heart smile. (one of my faves - a bathtub shaped soap dish) anyhoo - back to the story at hand. now we all know i loves me some jewelry. it's just a fact. so, i open up the clothing, love it, and then he hands me a little fabric pouch which i instantly recognize from Anthropologie - and i said out loud "ooh!" because little fabric pouch equals jewelry. math people. simple math. opened up the pouch and therein were these beautiful, intricate swirly earrings. right up my little boho alley i must say. and a happy birthday to me indeed.

3 comments: