Tuesday, January 12, 2010

hi, my name is deb. i'm a shoe addict.

eeeeevery time i think i have it under control and utter that foolish sentence to myself "i am totally set now - have all i need", something happens. usually i'm busy doing something else, and BAM out jumps a shoe with which i become obsessed. i try and deny it. i try and forget it. i shop for other stuff. nothing works. at various times i have tried purchasing a less expensive version of the shoe theme. (that, i have finally come to see, is a disaster. each and every time i end up with the original). and so, i give in. i am an addict. i am powerless. that's the first step. and taking that step, my feet look fabulous.

the shoe du jour, that jumped out and bit me while i was looking for a kimono jacket, were these little Elizabeth and James sandals. i know i have yammered on in the past about how amazing Elizabeth and James is - so i will not repeat myself here. however - those little Olsesn chicks have again rocked my casbah with this one. i have been a fan of the "ankle strap as jewelry" idea on sandals forever. i think it is beyond sexy. i also once had a male friend of me tell me that the toe strap was the single sexiest invention of mankind. so this shoe pretty much guarantees the sexiest foot in town. add to it my yet-to-be-found kimono style jacket and pair of cropped jeans or khaki pants? deep sigh. i feel pretty.... oh so pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment