Wednesday, August 25, 2010

diamonds are a girl's best friend. but...

sometimes life calls for other things.  in my mind, life ALWAYS calls for jewelry.  i have my pieces that i wear every day of my life (my nieces like to go through piece by piece and ask me the stories.  they all have a story)  and then there is the "who shall i dress up as today?" jewelry.  that's where the real fun comes in.  i have a LOAD of jewelry that i have amassed over my years.  and it is just as much fun now to root through it and dress up as it was when i was 4 playing with granny's jewelry.  some of it is "real" and a lot of it is costume.  the more the merrier!  it's how Coco Chanel rolled - so it makes perfect sense to me.

i read each and every fashion magazine out there in the world.  i love them.  even though it's for my job, flipping through the pages brings me immense satisfaction - and the utmost is when i find a new line i can play with.  for me AND for my clients.  my most recent fun discovery -- Stella & Dot jewelry.  i saw some of their pieces in Lucky and InStyle over the past couple of months and the seed was planted.  then i was invited to a trunk show and bazinga!  my ever so lovely bf bought me 3 pieces, including this super fab mixed metal chain and crystal lariat  (the one i mentioned in the wedding post) and these gorge rings i'm rockin.   in chatting with the great girl who was running the show - i decided to sign up and start selling as well.  i love jewelry - i love styling people.  voila.  the pieces are priced really well. there are some classic Coco-type pieces, a load of boho bits and baubles, and some kind of rocker-y pieces like the lariat and some really chunky bracelets.  LOVE.  also loving the charm section - you can pick one or pile them on in any combo on a chain or silk chord...  the pics are just a few of my current obsessions.  check out the link and look through the whole catalog and find some of your own.  let yourself be the kid in the candy store!  no time like the present to give yourself a present dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment