Monday, August 2, 2010

shoe-bee do

i'm back dolls!!!  long awaited week's vacation at the beach kept me from obsessing daily over all things stylish... so here i am, slightly more tan and rested, ready to rock it all over again...

as always, i massively over-packed.  it's now at a point where it's just flat out ridiculous, but try as i might, i can't seem to control it.  as i pack, i realize what's happening, but the winning part of my psyche just keeps saying "how do i know now what i will want to wear all week next week?  i need to have options"  then as i pack to come home, i laugh at how little i have actually worn. 

it goes across the board, but i'll use shoes as the example.  when in doubt, always use shoes.  anyhoo - i went to the beach in South Carolina.  days consist of beach and pool.  MAYBE a trip to the grocery store.  nights consist of big family dinners and sitting on the couch in a sun-daze till we all nod off to sleep.  why exactly i thought i would need TEN pairs of shoes to do that, i'm not sure.  but that is what i had.  i wore two pairs.  that's it.  will i learn from this?  sadly, it's highly unlikely.  i will probably pack ten pairs again next year.  maybe i'll shock myself and only pack nine.  however i do have a new justification for my over-packing.  my nieces now fit into my clothing AND my shoes.  my oldest niece paired these adorable Elizabeth and James shoes with her own romper - and i must say, if i had not so over-zealously shoe packed - how would this fabulous look have been pulled together?  clearly i have a responsibility to keep up my ridiculous habits!

No comments:

Post a Comment