Thursday, August 19, 2010

the ghost of handbags past

one of the services i offer as the-e-stylist is a closet overhaul.  this is based largely upon the immense satisfaction i have had over the years after doing a MAJOR rampage on my closet.  being able to see and find your things and coordinate them makes life much easier.  and as a side note makes it poss for you to dress better!  it's now one of my favorite things to do.  i have in times past made a mistake or two. but  i've mastered it now - through often doing mine and loving doing it for clients.  the ghost that haunts me of my own cleanings is the Botkier Trigger bag.  i bought it about 7 years ago - just when the line was just coming out.  i became obsessed, scoured the world and found the one i wanted.  i called ahead (it was in LA and i was going there for work) and had them hold it - it was the last one in stock. i literally jumped out of a car on the way to the airport home to pick it up.  and MAN did i love that bag.  the design is perfection for someone like me.  my bf frequently refers to me as Mary Poppins, because i am consistently digging around in my bag in search of something amongst the everything.  the Trigger has compartments and pockets that aleviate such woes.  long story short - LOVE the bag.  so the question still haunts me as to exactly why i decided to sell it on ebay...  everything else i have ever sold - never missed it.  this is the one.  my ebay achilles heel.

anyhoo - cut to now.  i've been casually looking for a new one every since. they turn up every season in limited colors - but i don't need ANOTHER black bag, and i've never fallen in love with any of the other colors.  until now.  a little Botkier birdie on twitter sent me looking at LunaBoston - and lo and behold this gorgeous creature.  as they say (whomever "they" are)  seek and ye shall find!

No comments:

Post a Comment